Tuesday, March 2, 2010

4th week at INTEL.

Almost 1 month at intel for my internship...after cny,jobs assigned to me bcm more n more...tats y i dun update my blog 4 2 weeks..so tonite i grad this free time to update my blog...(oni bck from dinner wf bro Brendan,act he gt alot of activities,but i dun follow him)...
act i gt nthg special to share...lolz...but i try to write smthg out wat crosses my mind in "ENGLISH"...
ya...my eng is nt tat good...cnt speak fluent eng...this bcm a problem for me to communicate wf my superior...my project partner is a Filipino...my manager is Indian...and my controller is American...
all of them cn speak fluent eng...but i cnt...language bcm d main prob whn communicate wf thm...so i thk i hv to read, listen and speak eng often...(hopefully u all understand wat im writing about)...

today,2 march 2010,i attended a meeting,is Toastmaster Meeting,organized by Intel Toastmasters Club.the main objective of this meeting is to train Intellier's communication skill,eg: speech,or ways to motivate subordinates...i tk part as volunteer...(cz im not invited,but its open for all Intelliers)...

1st agenda of this meeting was welcome speech from president.next was sharing session.during sharing session,topic was "wat i want to do in 2010"...some said wan to marry,some said wan to settle housing loan,change a new car,vacation in overseas,so on...mine 1 a bit dull,"i wan to put more efforts to improve my english in this year,tats y im here"...after i spoke out this sentence,other attendees gv me a loud applause,i was shocked...but a bit happy...cz i noe at least somebody is support me...^_^

In that meeting, thr 2 assignment speakers,they presented their project they hv done individually.after their presentation,thr was a session called 'Table Topic Session".in this session,attendees were selected randomly to give a speech or talk on specific topic which given on the time u walk to stage...n give the speech on the spot...about 20 ppl attended,oni 6 r selected on this session...unfortunately im selected in this session...but some said tat those who lucky oni will be selected...lolz...bt i thk im d unlucky 1...
im the 3rd to gv speech...1st n 2nd cn gv a spontaneous speech,at least they cn say smthg...
the topic they threw to me sounds this:

"Is the economic development of developing countries more important than protecting the environment? Why?"

i was stunned whn i heard this topic...i cnt even say a sentence...maybe im nervous...but this should not be the reason anymore,i thk...cz i wil graduate n step into working life vr soon...nervous should not be the reason y i cnt speak infront of ppl...

i said"no,because thr is d oni planet cn b lived,that is earth..."
after this sentence, my mind went blank...i cnt continue anymore...i stand thr for at least 20 seconds...nthg cm out...again, all attendees gv me a big hands...this time i felt embarrassing...i thk this is d most embarrassing moment at Intel...i realize i cnt gv speech spontaneously...i dun own this ability...
whn i bck to my seat..1 of the attendees said "good try"...i noe tat was consolation,not praise...i jz smile...

anyway, i dun felt sad bcz of dis... i take it as lesson...i tell myself: "no nxt time!"...i believe i cn gv a speech on the spot nxt time...(hopefully...)

A*n*sl*n: hen kai xin ren si ni...jin tian ni bang le wo hen duo...xieixe ni de gu li...jin tian de shi bu hui zai fa sheng...xia ci wo xi wang neng zai da jia mian qian yong zui liu li de yin yu lai yan jiang...bu zai rang ni shi wang...yi hou ni jiu dang wo de yin wen lao shi,jiao wo yin yu...wo jiao ni hua yu...lolz...

okay...nw 1148pm...its time to sleep...cz i hv to wake up at 7am...gd nite...

No comments:

Post a Comment